ROBERT TEOFILO JR
Raleigh, NC C: +7 929 9778757 (cell/viber/whatsapp Andrey Matveev is an agent of R.T.)
Experience working in the sports industry for over 15 years, which includes working for the past 10 years in professional hockey at the highest level. Working directly with coaches, players, and staff to; Analyse performances, scout for NHL talent, incorporate new development approaches, assist in trainings, and creatively find new ways to better the hockey organization. This includes working with upper management to establish strategic paths for the hockey organization.
- Over 10 year’s professional hockey management experience.
- Scouting for talent at the highest level includes scouting at the professional and amateur levels.
- Communication and work with national programs staffs.
- Supervised and hired staff both in NHL as well as at the AHL affiliates.
- Communicating and work with staff from professional and amateur leagues around the world.
- Incorporating different approaches with coaches and off-ice staff to be implemented with and for players.
- Overseeing analytics and technology advancements.
Hockey Operations / Experience 05/2018-Current Raleigh, NC
- Scout professional and amateur hockey for player acquisitions and free agent signings.
- One of the main points of contacts for the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for the ownership and hockey operations staff.
- Work with agents during the college free agency process.
- Manage, communicate, and prepare lists and meetings for NHL Free agency.
- Oversee college hockey free agent scouting as well as creating and maintaining the scouting list and players to target and acquire.
- Communicate and work with executive staff to identify player salaries and potential comparable contracts for current players as well as future signings.
- Work with European scouting staff to identify and communicate European Free Agent lists and players of interest.
- Work with NHL and AHL coaching staff to identify player’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Communicate with ownership in organizational Hockey Operations needs and wants.
- Interact with European agents for potential signings and player acquisitions.
- Work with support staff in communication about NHL, AHL, and prospects developments, injuries, and performances.
- Interact with analytics staff to communicate upgrades and uses to internal analytics software and systems.
- Communicate with video and software companies for scouting and player evaluations.
- Maintained and managed budgets for specific assignments.
Professional and Amateur Hockey Scouting 09/2016-05/2018 Chicago, IL
Worked with Florida Panthers
- Scouted professional NHL and AHL hockey games for the Florida Panthers
- Attended USHL, College, and other amateur games based out of the Midwest region.
- Prepare and analyse scouting reports as well as communicate with other scouts, staff, and team management personal.
- Communicate both with teams and leagues at the international professional level.
Director of Hockey Operations and Hockey Analytics 09/2008 to -07/2016 Glendale, AZ
Arizona Coyotes/Phoenix Coyotes
- Communicated and worked with all players from Arizona Coyotes, including players in the NHL, AHL, juniors, college, and international professional leagues.
- Communicated and worked agents for player acquisition.
- Assisted minor league affiliates in integrating of on and off ice systems.
- Oversaw, planned, and coordinated NHL training camp, rookie camp, and prospect development camp.
- Organized statistical analysis usage by NHL coaching and management staff for pre-game and post-game analysis.
- Oversaw full-time and part-time staff both based in Arizona as well as minor league staff.
- Managed and controlled scouting budgets and expenses.
- Used statistical software's including R, SQL, and Excel to predict potential future outcomes within regards to player and team results.
- Managed new technologies for usage at the NHL, AHL, and hockey operations staff.
- Administered new technology and equipment for NHL hockey staff, including the usage of new biometrical data that had never been NHL tested to prevent injuries and measure the amount of toll on a body during a game.
- Integrated the use of player and team statistical packages for use at minor league affiliates. Setup and organize amateur and professional scouting meetings.
Hockey Analytics and Technology Experience / Manager, Product & Services - Hockey / 09/2016 to 03/2018 Chicago, IL
Synergy Sports Technology
- Developed, created, and managed Synergy Sports hockey product.
- Created a hockey analytics and video software for use by all levels of professional and amateur hockey both in North America as well as around the world.
- Worked with engineers, developers, quality assurance, as well as product personal about the creation of, development of, and designing of the hockey product.
- Interacted and communicated with teams, leagues, and personal from leagues themselves around the world. The leagues include but are not limited to NHL, NCAA, SHL, AHL, Liiga, KHL, DEL, Swiss NLA and North American junior.
- Travelled to and worked with international, junior, and professional leagues and teams about the future Synergy Sports product.
Education / BS: Business Administration; Finance May 2007 St. Louis, MO
St. Louis University / Business Administration; Finance
Strong hockey background including but not limited: Management of NHL, AHL, prospects, and coaches; Scouting of NHL, AHL, and amateur players; Budgeting and accounting for hockey operations department; Analytics at the NHL, AHL, and junior and international levels. Strong technical background including but not limited to: PC and Mac based programs, Apple IOS software, and multiple statistical software programs including R and SQL, and Microsoft Office products.
Looking for Sports Director position or something similar. Open for any country ( KHL, Liiga, SHL, Allsvenska, Mestis ) open to conversations with other leagues if the opportunity is a good.